Enrollment Is Easy
Making decisions about your child’s education and care can be challenging. Our goal is to provide you with the information you need to make the decision with confidence, while also making the process as simple as possible. When you enroll your child at SJB Child Development Centers, you can rest easy knowing that he or she is getting the very best education in an exceptional environment boasting qualified and dedicated classroom staff.
Typically, the process of enrolling includes the following steps:
- Call 408.414.2700 to learn more about the programs and availability.
- Schedule a time to speak with an enrollment specialist
- Complete the Enrollment Packet and other forms provided by the enrollment specialist.
To enroll your child for full cost care, please contact the enrollment office at 408. 414.2700 extension 0 to inquire about availability.
To qualify for our subsidized services, you must be eligible for subsidized child development services determined by Title 5 Regulations of the California Department of Education/Child Division. Family Fees are determined on a sliding scale, based on family size and income.
In order to be placed on the waiting list, please complete a wait list application by:
By Mail/In Person
Download the application and submit it to the enrollment office by mail or in person. Our enrollment offices are located at the Sobrato Center for Nonprofits- San Jose 1400 Parkmoor Avenue, Suite 220 San Jose, CA 95126
Either way you choose to submit your application, you will be contacted by phone when an opening becomes available at the center you have selected.
Once an opening becomes available, you will be asked to pick up an enrollment packet from the enrollment office and submit the following:
- Birth certificates for all of the children in the family including siblings not enrolling in program.
- Immunization records
- Preadmission Health History
- Emergency cards (2)
- A physical exam (good for up to a year)
- TB assessment and/or TB test results (good for a year)
- dental exam (good for 6 months)
- Proof of address
- Photo ID
- Proof of address of absent parent
- Current IEP or IFSF, if applicable
Along with the above required documents, you are also required to submit current income documentation. All income information must be current within 30 days.
- Income verification – documentation must reflect your current income status and must include all sources of income received by the child(ren) parents or guardians such as:
- Current check stubs showing last 2 months of income
- Letter from employer stating hours worked per week and pay rate (if unable to provide check stubs)
- Latest income tax return or w2
- Unemployment income
- Cash receipts or proof of income for the last 2 months (if get paid by cash)
- Workers compensation
- Child support
- Disability income
- If self-employed, profit and loss statement for 3 months
- Other sources of income
- Employment verification, self-employment verification, school/training verification or incapacity statement
- Notice of Action, if receiving (Cal Works)
If you have any questions, please call (408) 414 -2700 x 0, Monday thru Friday 8:00 am to 5:00pm.