FIRST 5 funds a number of Family Resource Centers throughout Santa Clara County. These neighborhood-based centers are open to everyone in the community and emphasize child and family enrichment on a localized basis, using best practices that focus on oral language and early literacy, health and nutrition, school readiness, art enrichment, and parent/caregiver leadership models. FIRST 5 Family Resource Centers provide many FREE programs, services, and activities for families with children ages 0-5.
SJB would like to thank and acknowledge its Family Resource Center partners. Thanks to FIRST 5 funding and the collaborative partnership with The Health Trust, our Family Resource Centers are empowering and enriching the lives of local children and their families.
At FIRST 5 Family Resource Centers, you’ll find:
• Fun and educational parent/child activities
• Child art enrichment activities
• Information on community resources
• Application assistance for Medi-Cal, Healthy Families,
and Healthy Kids insurance programs for children
• Developmental Screenings for children ages 0-5
• Parent Workshops and Seminars
• Nutrition, health and wellness programs
• Triple P Positive Parenting Program
• Parent Leadership Programs (Abriendo Puertas/Opening Doors)
• Child language and literacy development (SEEDS)
And much more!!
2760 Trimble Road 700
San Jose, CA 95132
San Miguel Elementary
777 San Miguel Ave.
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
408.522.8200 ext. 1890
1601 Cunningham Avenue, Portable D-2
San Jose, CA 95122